Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lil' Wayne (Embroidery)

Few things are better than Lil Wayne's lyrics.
OKOKOK maybe I can think of a few things. But you have to give it to the guy, he has some incredibly clever puns.
That, and he's my boyfriends favorite rapper.
So, in honor of Lil Wayne, I made this guy

The first (and most difficult) piece was choosing the lyric. It was between the three:


  • Unf____ing believable, Lil Wayne da President.
  • When I was five, my favorite movie was the Gremlins. Ain't got f___ to do with this, just thought I should mention.
  • I'm a G and You ain't gotta know the alphabet to see.

After a huge poll (way more people participating than expected), the answer was obvious.


So I drew up a little sketch.


And I got to sewing! I love the blue of the hoop (Bloods vs. Crypts, homie)


And finally, he's all done! Lil Wayne himself is actually made of felt sewn onto the embroidery fabric.

He was a lot of fun! And this certainly opens up a lot of doors (with my new found embroidery skills)

What do you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment